We have another recipe for you today — Salted Caramel Brownies!
These brownies are to die for. If you like yours on the gooier side, this is the recipe for you. Watch the video below and follow along with our recipe to learn how to make these yummy brownies at home!
What you will need:
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 8 oz plus 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp baking power
- 1/2 tsp kosher powder
- 5-6 oz good caramel sauce
- 2-3 tsp flaked sea salt
What you will do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9 x 12 x 1-inch baking pan.
- Melt the butter, 8 oz of the chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate together in a medium bowl set over simmering water. Allow cooling for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee, vanilla, and sugar. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1/2 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt and add to the chocolate mixture. Toss the remaining 6 oz of chocolate chips and the remaining 2 tbsp of flour in a medium bowl and add them to the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Don’t overbake.
- As soon as the brownies are out of the oven, place the jar of caramel sauce without the lid in a microwave and heat just until it’s pourable. Stir until smooth. Cool completely and cut.