In 1970, attorney and real estate developer Irvine Kahn, a former guest of the Murrieta Hot Springs resort in the 1930’s, purchased the 500-acre property for $1.35 million. A Beverly Hills firm master-planned the modernization and expansion of the facilities. Before anything else began, renovation started with grading, leveling, and excavation of 1.4 million tons of soil. They developed a freshwater lake, creating a quiet and peaceful atmosphere, and built condominiums around it. The new owners spent millions of dollars on site improvements and spa development in the still-remote area surrounded by a rolling countryside. After Kahn added acreage to his original purchase, he made real estate available within the boundaries of this 1000-acre paradise for the first time in sixty years. The former clubhouse (now Springs of Life Christian Bookstore) served as the information center for the newly developed resort complex, the condominiums, and mobile home sites. Murrieta Hot Springs was advertised as a resort for all seasons.
Did you know that?
For more historical information, be sure to follow our blog!