Our staff here at Murrieta Hot Springs Christian Conference Center desire for you to have the best retreat experience possible. Because of our heart for you to be refreshed, we’ve compiled a list for you who are retreat coordinators to go over while you’re planning your group’s next retreat.
Here are our top ten tips for planning a successful retreat:
- What is the purpose for your church having a retreat? And are the purposes matching up with what you’re planning for it? Carefully and prayerfully consider the direction God wants to take your retreat.
- Book a low number of people. Communicate with your pastor and leaders a number you’re both comfortable with. You can add, but you can’t take away.
- Promote the retreat/conference early and often. The tendency is for church members to register late, so encourage your members to register early on. Along with promoting the retreat before it happens, encourage one of your church members that attended a previous retreat to give a testimony of the time they had to show the rest of the church or ministry what goes on during a retreat.
- Consider payment plans/deposits through your church to encourage people to register. Finances shouldn’t be an obstacle. Try different fundraising opportunities to help those who aren’t able to pay the full amount.
- Develop/organize a planning committee/support team instead of having just you planning the conference. The more people to help you plan, the easier it’ll be for things to be remember. Delegate, delegate, delegate.
- Familiarize yourself with the information packet and contract. Many questions you may have can be answered by reading your info packet and contracts that we provide for you once you book with us.
- Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions. Anything you’re unsure of should be vocalized. We want to help you in any way possible.
- Stick to the scheduling calendar. Timelines and deadlines for all finances, contracts, and packets will be listed there.
- Starting six weeks out, be in constant contact with MHSCCC guest services for any sort of updates in numbers, dietary needs, etc. The more we know about your retreat, the more we’ll be able to help.
- Communicate with musicians and speakers exactly what they’ll be needing in terms of AV/sound equipment. Last minute changes always happen.
We hope these tips help the planning process go that much smoother! If you have any questions, please call us: (951) 200-8000, or visit our website: www.mhsretreats.com!